- Attend open-house events to learn about class goals and policies.
- Keep in touch through email, notes, phone calls, and conferences.
- Ask what level books your child should be reading, and know the titles she’s reading for class.
- Read teacher-recommended titles with your child at home to reinforce key skills and words.
- Get involved by joining a parent association or volunteer in the classroom.
Taken from https://www.scholastic.com/parents/school-success/school-involvement/partner-your-childs-grade-k-2-teacher.html